Sunday, April 25, 2010

A new post, wow!

It's been a while since I've posted, partly because of some things going on in my life that I've needed to focus on and deal with, and partly because hair really doesn't grow that fast, so posting a picture every week seems kind of like posting pictures of grass growing.

But now, it's been a month (give or take a few days), and I'm really loving how my hair looks right now. It's just a tad bit longer than 1/2", which seems really long to me, considering it started out at less than 1/8". (I'm a little bleary-eyed; it's waaaaay too early to be taking pictures, lol.)





It's long enough that when I wake up in the morning, I have to brush it down to keep it from sticking up. Towards the back, some of it's trying to curl, but since it's really not long enough, it just looks like I have a cowlick.



I actually like it, since it gives some texture. I can brush it down while it's wet, but I usually don't bother.

I've also started creating the semblance of a part by brushing it to one side. I think it looks a lot more feminine if I brush it like that.

All in all, I absolutely love this length. Since I tend to be rather indecisive about my hair, I won't proclaim that I'm going to keep it like this, but I honestly think I might. It's low-maintenance, saves me tons of money on hair products (I don't even use gel anymore), and definitely makes me stand out in a crowd. Growing out is all well and good, but if I keep it this length, I can start growing it at any time. If I could just figure out a way to accessorize (headbands, clips, etc.), I'd be a lot less indecisive, but I haven't been able to find much in the way of jazzing up super-short hair. Most websites just say to cover it with head scarves, and I don't want to do that. I like my hair, I just want to accessorize. I might post on NaturallyCurly.com, see if anyone else who has BCed has figured out any way to add some color.

I guess I could dye it again, but dyeing is the reason I cut it off in the first place! I don't want to go back there. :(

Anyway, it's been a month, I'm loving it, and all shreds of self-esteem issues are gone. Hopefully it'll stay that way! ^_^


- Bonnie♥

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is looking great! But really, I think you should grow it all the way out. Like shoulder length or so. Lol, I really wanna see those curls. :)

    -Sarah.j.s.

    ReplyDelete