Friday, March 26, 2010

Day Four: Love It!

It's been half a week since I took clippers to my hair, and I think I've finally adjusted to it. It's a bit of a shock at first, I'm not going to pretend it's not; I keep comparing it to going platinum blond from black or vice versa. Every time you look in the mirror you don't recognize yourself, just because the change is so significant. I believe it's called 'color shock', so I supposed I must have 'absence of color shock', since there's nothing there! XD I have adjusted faster than to any color change I've ever gone through, maybe because there's nothing 'framing' my features that's noticeably different.

Yesterday, I was laying around my house trying on all of my huge earrings to see which ones look best with my head, when I came across a notion in my mind that I'm going to set into motion as soon as I can get to my local Wal-Mart. (I hate shopping there, but in a town this small... There's no other option :( ) I am going to go completely CG. I only found the CG method after I had already started dyeing my hair, and it was so fried by that point that I needed the 'cones to smooth all the damage and prevent my hair becoming a ball of frizz. But all the hair attached to my head now is brand-new, pristine, and soft as can be. So I'm going to treat it like I should have treated my hair years ago, and make sure it's healthy, hydrated, and free of any nasty chemical build-up. It's not going to be a huge change from the modified-CG I was using (mainly I was using 'cone-filled conditioners, and I was shampooing maybe once a week), but hopefully the change in my hair's health will be significant.

Right now, my hair is 1/8" long, so I don't need a leave-in, gel, etc., but when I do, here is my plan.

-Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut (I was already using this)
-Conditioner: Garnier Triple Nutrition
-Leave-In: Suave Naturals Coconut
-Gel: Aloe Vera Gel (I was already using this as well)


Maintenance on hair this short is really easy, but I found out yesterday that I must wash it every day. I thought that short = almost no maintenance, but towards the end of the day, my scalp was itching like crazy from all the oil build-up. My hair is so short, the oil has nowhere to go, so it stays on the scalp and irritates the skin. So I co-washed it with the Suave Naturals, and it stopped itching almost immediately. So I have to throw away all my second-day-hair habits, and start washing it daily until I get some length.


I think since today is so rainy, gloomy, and gray, I may venture to Wal-Mart with my mom. I need vitamins, hair conditioner, and I might see if I can find a microfiber towel to start drying my hair with. I am a little bit afraid to see what the public's reaction will be, but I have to leave the house at some point. So it's off to put on earrings, make up my eyes, and take a few deep breaths...


I'm ready.







- Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment